Terms & Conditions
Nominations and judging
1. Nominations open from 22nd November 2023.
2. Charities must be registered as having charitable status with the Charities Commission and must be based within a 3-mile radius of Cambridge having as its objective the provision of direct support/help to the residents of Cambridge.
3. Nominations can be made via social media by following the instructions of our social media promotional posts regarding this campaign. Such instructions will include the need for you to comment and tag your chosen charity on the Panther Taxis Charity of the Year post on the following pages only
4. Nominations which to do not comply with the specific instructions shall be discounted. For example, ‘Tagging’ your chosen charity without also commenting will not be counted as a vote. ‘Likes’ will not count as a vote.
5. Nominations are limited to one charity per person, per social media channel.
6. Nominations will close at 10am 6th December 2023, and any nominations placed after that time shall be disregarded.
7. Three finalists will be chosen by the Panther Taxis Charity of the Year Committee comprising John Raynham Regional Managing Director for Veezu East Anglia, Paul Clare; Regional Operations Director, Gavin Witt; Regional Operations Manager. In making their selection, consideration will be given to the (a) alignment of the charity’s activities to Veezu’s values and culture; (b) the number of nominations received per charity; and (c) the likely potential beneficial impact any charitable donation to the charity in question shall have on the Cambridge community.
8. Voting will then reopen for the final “Charity of the Year 2024” week commencing 11th December.
9. Voting will close at 10am 19th December 2023, and any nominations placed after that time shall be disregarded.
10. The charity with the greatest number of votes will be the designated “Charity of the Year 2024”.
11. Previous winners are eligible for nomination.
12. The decision of the Panther Taxis Charity of the Year Committee shall be final.
13. The donation value will be calculated as 0.5% of fares for passenger bookings made using the Panther Taxis mobile app where payment is made by card only.
14. The donation value is capped at a maximum of £25,000 for the calendar year 2024.
15. The donation to the charity will be split into four instalments payable during the course of 2024 and will be announced on social media at the appropriate time.
16. This initiative is run by Panther Cambridge Ltd trading as Panther Taxis.
17. The charity receiving the donation agrees to participate in media activities to promote the initiative.
18. Panther Cambridge Ltd reserve the right to amend or end early the Charity of the Year initiative at any time without prior notice.
19. These Terms and Conditions will be displayed on panthertaxis.co.uk
20. Panther Cambridge Ltd reserve the right to amend or update these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
22. Any feedback regarding this process should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.