Who We Are
Panther Taxis Ltd gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and laws. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and our obligations, and explains how, why and when we process your personal data.
Panther Taxis Ltd registered office is at Convent Drive, Waterbeach, CB25 9QT, and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 3769589. We are registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office Register; registration number Z4559119and act as the data controller/data processor when processing your data. Our designated Appointed Person is John Raynham, who can be contacted at our registered office on 01223 715715.
Information That We Collect
Panther Taxis Ltd processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you.
The personal data that we collect from is: –
- Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Personal Email
- Business Email
- Home Telephone Number
- Mobile Telephone Number
- National Insurance Number
- Bank Details
- Licenses (DVLA or council)
- Vehicle information
We collect information in the below ways: –
- Application Forms
- Website Bookings
- On site CCTV
How We Use Your Personal Data
Panther Taxis Ltd takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: –
- We collect your personal data to provide a service and to ensure that your service runs accordingly to your expectations.
- We collect and store your personal data as part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes.
- We have a legal obligation to share your personal data with credit reference agencies, for the purpose of fraud prevention.
- We may occasionally send you marketing information where we have assessed that it is beneficial to you as a customer and in our interests. Such information will be non-intrusive and is processed on the grounds of legitimate interests.
You have the right to access any personal information that Panther Taxis Ltd processes about you and to request information about: –
- What personal data we hold about you.
- The purposes of the processing.
- The categories of personal data concerned.
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed.
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source.
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information and the right to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. Panther Taxis Ltd uses third-parties to provide services and business functions as follows:
- Business partners (for example, financial services institutions, insurers), account beneficiaries, or others who are a part of providing your services or operating our business.
- Governmental and regulatory bodies such as HMRC, the Financial Conduct Authority, the Ombudsman and the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Other organisations and businesses who provide services to us such as debt recovery agencies, back up and server hosting providers, IT software and maintenance providers, document storage providers and suppliers of other back office functions.
- Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies.
Panther Taxis Ltd takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including:
- Unique account numbers and passwords where requested.
- Data is held securely on our systems on a managed firewalled network with anti-virus and anti-malware protection.
- Regular backups of our internal server data to ensure that no data is lost.
- Payments are encrypted with trusted providers.
- Hard copies of documents, where needed, are stored in lockable offices.
Whilst all reasonable efforts have been made to protect your personal data you acknowledge that we cannot fully guarantee the security of all personal data so if you have any specific concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Transfers Outside the EU
Personal data in the European Union is protected by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) but some other countries may not necessarily have the same high standard of protection for your personal data. Panther Taxis Ltd does not transfer or store any personal data outside the EU.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to Panther Taxis Ltd however, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services we will not be able to offer some/all of our services without it.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Panther Taxis Ltd only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary. Our decision to keep personal information will be based on legal requirements, e.g. under UK tax law we are required to keep your basic personal data for a minimum of 6 years, or on accepted business practice. This is set out in our retention policy.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Lodging A Complaint
Panther Taxis Ltd only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, and our site relies on cookies to optimise user experience and for features and services to function properly.
Most web browsers allow some control to restrict or block cookies through the browser settings, however if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website or services. For more information about cookies visit https://www.aboutcookies.org.
If you would like to have a copy of the Panther Taxis Ltd Privacy Statement please email us with your request.