Becoming A Driver
When applying for a license you will need.
- A full valid driving licence which you have held for 12 months, issued to your current address.
- To have passed the Driving Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) test (standard taxi test).
- A medical certificate.
- Certificate of Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and a DVLA licence check.
- Certificate of Good Conduct (if you have lived overseas for three months or more).
- To have passed the Knowledge test.
- Both councils have introduced Safeguarding courses which must be completed by all licensed driver.
For more details please visit their websites for full details and charges.
If you would like further advice on the process, please feel free to call Gavin or Mohammad in our driver liaison team on 01223 715715.
If you are already a licensed driver looking to join our team and believe you have the knowledge, experience and are committed to giving our mutual customers the best possible service, please express an interest here or by following the link below.